Seattle Public Utilities will provide Seattle schools with reimbursement for bus transportation (funding level dependent on FRL%). Eligible programs include, Carkeek Park fall Salmon Search, IslandWood Community Waters Field Experience and Salmon Releases.
Eligibility for transportation reimbursement is as follows:
- Carkeek Park Salmon Search – Active SIS classes (one program slot per school). If you are teaching the Community Waters or Land and Water kit this fall, please choose that trip.
- IslandWood Community Waters Field Experience – Must be using Community Waters or Land and Water science kit.
- Salmon Releases – Active Salmon in the Schools – One Seattle program date, up to 60 students. Any age (priority for lead SIS permit class).
- Schools with 37% or more FRL students will be reimbursed for total bus cost.
- Schools with less than 36% FRL students will be reimbursed $150/bus
- Pick-ups should be scheduled carefully to avoid any surcharges which must be paid by school.
- For questions contact Beth.Miller@Seattle.Gov 206.386.4621
If you fit the eligibility requirements, fill out the Pre-Approval Request form at least two weeks in advance of the trip. Initial, Sign, Scan/email or fax the form to Beth Miller, Beth.Miller@Seattle.gov or FAX: 206.684.8529.
Reimbursement will be made when you send in the Request for School Bus Reimbursement form after the field trip. Sign, Scan/email or fax the form to Beth Miller, Beth.Miller@Seattle.gov or FAX: 206.684.8529.